A Singular Focus
Quinnipiac University is committed to investing in our community, building a safe, sustainable environment for future generations and encouraging global thinking. We are also committed to our colleagues and support each other's growth. As a member of the Quinnipiac community, we'll count on you to get involved in community projects and participate in sustainability initiatives on campus. With everyone's efforts, we can ensure our legacy of innovation, growth and opportunity.
Quinnipiac University's many initiatives within the community ensure a positive impact on the people of Greater New Haven and Hamden. Through The Community Service Learning Project, for example, we invite students and faculty members to work with a community partner to take the classroom out into the community. The University also provides philanthropic donations and participates in charity organizations. Some of Quinnipiac's efforts include:
- Donating Thanksgiving food baskets to Hamden's Youth Service Bureau
- Assisting the Hamden Professional Firefighters annual toy drive
- Hosting a holiday party for the Children's Center
- Community Action Program
- Habitat for Humanity
Over the past decade, Quinnipiac University has been nationally recognized for its multi-campus initiative to "go green." Our Sustainability Committee, composed of students, faculty and staff, works together to reduce our carbon footprint through a number of initiatives:
- At the York Campus, wind turbines that generate 32,000 kilowatt hours annually have been installed, saving 250,000 kilowatt hours of energy per year.
- The North Haven campus renovated many of its buildings to include energy-efficient heating and cooling units and light fixtures. These buildings are also painted in low-VOC paint, feature green carpeting options and use thermal-glazed windows to reduce heating and cooling costs.
- A community garden at the Mount Carmel campus provides fruits and vegetables to students, faculty and staff, as well as the community. Weekly farmers markets in the summer/fall engage members of the Hamden community and Quinnipiac University over local produce and goods.
At Quinnipiac University, we'll expect you to bring—and voice—your point of view. Our inclusive community is made of students, teachers and staff members from different countries, backgrounds and paths, offering totally different perspectives. It's these different views that provide Quinnipiac its edge. People power innovation. And we know that embracing our differences makes us stronger and more in tune with the needs of the students we serve. We are committed to creating an atmosphere where everyone feels respected and valued, because every teacher, every colleague and every individual plays an important role in shaping our future.
Be part of something bigger at Quinnipiac. Take the lead.