AppleCare Protection Plan
For up to three years from your computer's original purchase date, the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you direct access to Apple's telephone technical support for questions about Apple hardware, Mac OS X, iLife, and iWork. You also get global repair coverage for your Mac - both parts and labor. By purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan and your computer at the same time, you'll be automatically registered in the plan.
Every Mac comes with complimentary telephone technical support for 90 days from your Mac purchase and a one-year limited warranty. With the AppleCare Protection Plan, you extend your service coverage to three years from the computer's purchase date. You can call Apple's technical support experts as often as you like and get your questions answered. If you need repair service, Apple offers service options around the world.
AppleCare Protection gives you service and support from Apple, here's what you get:
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Global repair coverage1
- Mail-in repair: Mail in your Mac using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple.
- Carry-in repair: Take your Mac to an Apple Retail Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
AppleCare Protection provides global repair coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world.
Apple hardware coverage includes:
- Your Mac computer
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- Apple display (if purchased with your Mac)
Apple software support includes:
- Using the Mac OS X operating system
- Quick how-to questions about iLife and iWork
- Connecting to printers and networks
You'll receive a Getting started guide, Terms and conditions and a Diagnostic utility (TechTool Deluxe).
(1) Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts.
AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. The company obligated under the AppleCare Protection Plan in the United States is AppleCare Service Company, Inc., an Arizona corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., doing business in Texas as Apple CSC Inc. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. For complete details, see terms at www.apple.com/legal/applecare/appgeos.html.